Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Audible

Today, I tried audible.com for the first time. I feel like such an idiot. Why did I wait so long?

I went to work, and my 1 and only coworker, my confidant, my friend, was on Jury Duty. My only company was the group of people that I work with in Chicago. Needless to say, I was very lonely. So, I decided to listen to Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. I learned about the not do apparent details that make the super successful just that. I am falling in love with books again. Even if I am not actually reading it. I feel like I have a friend having an intellectual conversation with me all day.


1 valid point that the writer proves. There are some people with book sense, while others have common sense. I always thought the two were mutually exclusive and a person can have either or. I have learned that a true outlier has both. He also makers a point that 10,000 hours of practice is the standard formula for being an expert above experts in whatever you put your mind to. My best friend thinks I have knitted for that amount of hours. I believe it to be way less. However, I am curious to know how much I knit in a day, month, or year. I will start counting on December 1 st, once Nakniswemo is done. This way I can get a true account instead of a psycho self imposed deadline driven one.

No comments: