Sunday, February 20, 2011

Finished Objects....Woohoo!

I have been busy working on using up stash yarn to complete projects.  Here is a list of my recent accomplishments.

I worked on Boomslang as a gift for my friend Rebecca.  I posted about casting this on before, but was very vague in the description.  You can see her happily wearing it here.  I used Knitpicks Stroll Tonal in Golden and Stroll Solid in Ash, as well as a size 4 needle. 

Rebecca in her Boomslang

Boomslang Doubled

I also completed my first sweater for my 11 sweaters in 2011 project.  I present to you, VAILA! 
Vaila Complete Collar

365.2011.43 - Vaila Complete Front

Vaila Complete Side

I love this sweater.  I finished it just in time for Valentine's Day.  I made it with Malabrigo Worsted in the  Amoroso colorway.  I absolutely love it.  I made a few modifications by making it from the top down, and also adding a column of knitted stitches on the side to make a "seam".  It is warn and squishy, and I really didn't want to take it off. 

I have alse been making some projects from my miles and miles of stash. Here are a few of them.

A Button tab hat for my friend's girlfriend (Birthday Present)
Button Tab Hat #2

A Thermis for me (Still needs buttons)
Thermis - Knitting finished

A Scrunchable Cowl for me.

Scrunchable Cowl Done!

365.2011.37 - Scrunchable Cowl

I also received an exquisitely beautiful LaReine shawl from my knitting buddy Jane as a gift. She actually hand dyed the yarn, and our friend Angela designed the pattern. It is super gorgeous.
365.2011.42 - My New Favorite Shawl

Whew!  Time to get started on LaReine for mommy in a Kumquat colorway!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful work, so glad that you shared your blog with Mystery220. Your sweater is gorgeous! So are the other item, but, that sweater is totally gorgeous.

Shameka said...

Thank You so much Kate. I am happy to share, as well as inspire.