Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vogue Knitting Live

Yesterday, I hung out with Miss Dianne of Creatively Dyed, and we perused the throngs of the Hilton Hotel that allowed us knitters to take over for a weekend.  I had a blast! 

365.2011.22 - Vogue Knitting Live

I got to see the String Luxury Yarns fashion show, and fell in love with this ensemble.  It is made with 100% Cashmere yarn called Tessa.  The yarn comes in 650 yd skeins, and doesn its own self-coloring pattern design.  It is absolutely beautiful, and totally luxurious. 

VK Live - String Luxury Yarn Fashion Show

I also met Vicki Howell from the show Knitty Gritty.
VK Live - Vicki Howell
I am sad that the show is no longer on the air, but I used to watch it religiously when it aired and it helped me to expand my knitting horizons a whole lot.  Vicki was very sweet, and was happy that her show inspired me to do so many different things with my knitting.  Woohoo! 

I also got to FINALLY see MochiMochi Land.  I missed it dyring the original New York premiere.  OMG!  This exhibit it so cute.

VK Live - MochiMochi Land!

VK Live - Mochi Mountain Closeup

VK Live - Mochi Mushrooms and Gnomes

VK Live - Mochi Rainbow

VK Live - Mochi Pandas

VK Live - Mochi

I also went to the Qiviuk Display and fell in love with this sweater. 
VK Live - Qiviuk Sweater
It came from a rugged MuskOx and was transformed into this delicate, beautiful, creation.  Absolutely stunning! 

And of course, I got some knitting in.  I started a Thermis for myself, using KnitPicks Chroma.  I was actually walking and knitting, and a few people were astonished at that. Well, I guess I can say it's an ordinary thing for me. Besides that, here are the rest of the things I acquired at the event.  I had a ton of fun, and will definately do it again.  They warmed up the coldest day of the year thusfar, with some warm and inspiring knits. 

VK Live - Spoils

1 comment:

craftivore said...

Thanks to your picks I almost feel like I was there! The mochis are insanely cute, teeny tiny gnomes, oh my. Looks like a super fun time.