Monday, May 5, 2008

A Wonderful Knitting Weekend!!!

This is my recap of my past weekend, where I knitted more than I ever imagined I would, but have always wanted to.

I decided to spend Saturday with Tawana, because I haven't seen her in ages, and I miss my friend. So, I walk in and what do I see? Look at this beautiful blessing from God, Karen Joi. Isn't she adorable? Look at those cheeks!! Oh, I held her and she was just smiling and laughing the whole time. So, now I officially have "the touch". Hehe!! She is also wearing the Peapod Baby set that I made for her. It is so wonderful to see the children in the clothes that you make for them. I was overjoyed.
So, my knitting project of the moment was the Bittersweet Climbing Lace Socks. But on Saturday, I was under the gun. I was on a deadline to finish it by 2 PM the next day for the Sit N Knit Sock Exchange. I was having issues that I was not supposed to be having at the eleventh hour. The pattern has lace going up the middle of the sock as well as the sides, but somehow I kept losing stitches.
Hmm.. maybe they went to stitch heaven, but I couldn't find them. So, instead of going crazy, I decided to omit them.
And the socks came out lovely... ahem... at 10:30 AM the next morning. I knit on Saturday until I was knitting with my eyes closed, then I managed to really sleep in my bed and wake up at 8 AM on Sunday to complete it.

My sock exchange recipient Meghan was happy, so I was happy. Plus, she really liked the orange Nail Polish that I got for her as well.
I also received a pair of socks from Ileana, and I love them. The pattern is called BroadRipple. I think it looks amazing in the Fire Colorway of Colinette Jitterbug.

Who says Jitterbug has no yardage? Look at how high these babies are up on my leg!!!


Here is a birdseye view of everyone's socks. How cool is that??

And, this guy was checking us out the whole time. He was so busy staring at us, and wouldn't even say hello. How rude!!!

So, I started immediately to make a pair of Jaywalkers. I needed something portable to take on the train with me. So, I grabbed my Felici yarn from my last Knitpicks purchase, and got crackin'. I found that not all skeins are wound in the same direction, as I have opposite stripe patterning going on.

I figured I could live with it, but by the time I got off of the train, I was going nuts, so I decided to rip it out and start again. This is where I left off after my commute home from work. I can't really see the pattern yet, but it will appear soon enough.

I also decided to make some stitch markers that don't dangle, to make sock knitting much easier.

So, that was my lovely weekend. More surprises later on this week!!!

11 comments:

Virtuous said...

Ooh the baby looks so precious in her pea set! It must still be nippy there!

How about I saw all of those socks on another blog that I can't remember now! LOL I love those argyle ones!

And I was just looking at "Fire" when I was in Winston Salem!

I see you love that 2-1 time sock method now! ;op

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

The baby is so adorable in her outfit:D

Love all those socks!!

Nice work getting it done in the 11th hour.

Kim said...

Baby looks adorable in her Pea Pod set. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I recognized your socks on Pepperknit/Minty's blog! I was relieved to see you made the dealine! Oh, I picked up a treat for you at MDSW.

Mary Beth said...

The baby looked precious in her outfit. I see you have been very productive. Soks turned out pretty in the end. I like the markers & I agree that sometimes the dangle is so annoying.

nicolina said...

you sound like me - ripping things out b/c they just aren't going your way. well... don't let those jaywalkers get the better of you!

Alicia said...

Everything looks wonderful! Especially baby in her outfit. The socks are equally lovely. But my fav are the stitch makers (kind of a stitch maker junkie) can't wait to see what the suprise is :)

Jada said...

The baby looked so sweet in her pea set!!
Those socks came out great.

Deborah-- said...

Love the Peapod set. She's adorable in it. Too bad mine never made it to the recipient. Hmmph. You know my thoughts on the sockie! Yay you got it done. Perfect little stitch markers.

Anonymous said...

Great socks! I just love all those colors.

And the baby is so cute in the set you made her!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog from deborah's. LOve Love Love the baby picture. Socks are too hard for me but that crowd picture made me jealous.

chicagopurl said...

The baby is just gorgeous! I always love your socks too LOL! You should create a sock-a-month pattern and share it with us. Your socks are funky and cute, chica!