Friday, December 5, 2014

Stash Enhancement..... Woohoo!!!!

Over the past few days, there has been a plethora of yarn entering my stash. 

My first package came from Eat Sleep Knit.  I placed my order on Black Friday, because they had a mystery sale.  You got a percentage off after you checked out.  I received 10% off, and I also used my credit from the Yarn Lotto.  I decided to purchase something more luxurious than usual.  I bought MadelineTosh Pashmina Worsted in Baltic.

I am planning to make Joji Locatelli's On The Road Again.

I also couldn't resist the sock yarn during this purchase.  
I fell in love with Lorna's Laces sock yarn in Bittersweet years ago.  I made a sock for a swap, and always wanted to replace it.  So, here it is, in the Solemate base.

I also decided to try Sweet Georgia yarns Tough Love Sock (Superwash Wool/Nylon) in Snapdragon

All of this yardage in yarn has propelled me to receive the 5 mile mark in the yarn marathon.

I also received a mug with the yarnathon logo on it.  Sadly, it broke during shipping. 



I am blaming the post office.  Ugh!  
I contacted Eat Sleep Knit via email, and they were very quick with their response.  They will send a replacement mug with my next order.  Woohoo!!!! 

I also received another yarn lotto ticket, and it's a winner.

$5 store credit plus the $20 store credit earned for the 5-mile marathon mark.  Woohoo!!!  I see more sock yarn in my future.  

On Small Business Saturday, I made a trip to Knitty City, and picked up this lovely skein.  Manos Del Uruguay yarn in Alegria.  I just love all of these bright colors.



The next package I received was from MOOD. 
They carry Pagewood Farms yarn online only.  This color is Pink Sand, and will become a second Grandpa Cardigan. 

I also made some purchases at Knitpicks.  Felici yarn is back, and I just had to get some.  Self-striping yarn is my favorite. 

I also bought caspian needles because I know for a fact that I will need to magic loop these.  I bought two different lengths so that I can do either a single sock, or two at a time.  This is the first time I will be using caspian needles.  I'm excited.

I also bought a size 2.5 circular needle to use on my Japan Sleeves sweater for the cuffs on the neckline, body, and sleeves.


And Speaking of Japan Sleeves.  Here is my progress.

I have completed 4 inches of the body.

Last, but not least.  I purchased yarn to make booties for a friend in Atlanta who commissioned me to do the knitting.  


Purple is her favorite color.  

OK, now that I have all of this yarn, I need to find MORE free time to knit.  

More updates after the weekend is over.  



















No comments: