Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gearing up for Ravellenics

In just a few days, the 2014 Olympic Opening Ceremonies will be upon us.  So, it is only right that I prepare for the Ravellenics Games.  (It used to be called Ravelympics, but the Olympic Committee got a little upset, so the name was changed, and we still knit like maniacs)

So during these games, we set out to knit a certain item that we predesignate as an entry into the games.  The main objective is to complete the item between the time of the start of Opening Ceremonies on the 7th and the Closing Ceremonies on the 23rd.  This year, the moderator of the Knatural Purls group on Ravelry asked if I would like to be team captain.  Of course I said yes!

In doing my duty, I had to set up the team, as well as encourage (enable) my fellow Knatural Purls comrades to compete in events.  It didn't take much, because we are all cowl crazy.

My second order of business was to create a Team badge that would give us a visible presence.  So, without further adieu, here is our Curly Girl.  She doesn't have a name yet.  I will let the Team vote on that. She is wearing our favorite color Very Berry (Malabrigo).  She has curly hair because we all do, and she is very glam while she is rockin' her cowl that we all are addicted to making.  She truly represents our group, and we love her in all her cuteness. 


If you would like to join Knatural Purls, do not hesitate to do so on Ravelry.  Tag your projects with the tag TeamKnaturalPurls2014 .  We want to get as many winning team badges as we can.  

No comments: