Friday, December 21, 2012

In the Christmas Spirit.

Last Friday, I attended an annual knitting holiday gift exchange dinner at BBQs with a small group of my friends. I graciously received a gift certificate to Knitty City. On Monday, I realized the sweater that I casted on was not going to work with the yarn that was variegated and had extreme contrasts in color.

I decided to jump at the chance to go to Knitty City and see what my gift card could get me. I intended on buying the Chuny Malabrigo Twist that the pattern calls for. However, I fell in love with Malabrigo Rios in Purpuras ( again). 6 skeins later, I'm getting ready to cast on my sweater a second time.

The sweater I'm working on is Lemongrass by Joji Locatelli. The gauge is supposed to be 3.25 sts/ inch. However, I get a gauge of 4 sts/inch with my size 10 needles. So, I decided to cast on for the XXL size. The amount of stitches divided by the gauge equals the measurement of the M size, in the bust. Bingo!!!!
Here is my sweater.

And for some added holiday cheer, I painted Candy Canes on my nails.

No comments: