Thursday, March 15, 2012

My first hexipuff!

Knitting for me is all about seemingly unattainable challenges. However, I know that I am a great knitter, so the only thing that will stop me from finishing a project is simply me not wanting to do it anymore.

I decided to cast on for the Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owls. This project is a major stashbuster when you use ends of random sock yarn. However, there is nothing random about me. I think in colors and patterns. I have decided that the colors chosen for this project will be pink, grey, blue, green, violet, and lavender. I created a color scheme using Adobe Illustrator so that I can figure out how many hexipuffs of each color is needed for my full sized bed. Ummmmmmmm a thousand sounds just about right based on my rough calculations. I will have to properly measure my finished hexipuff to be entirely sure.

I am using Knitpicks Stroll Tonal in Summer Blooms. Of course it's pink. I am knitting on size 4 Knitpicks wooden needles. I may try metal because it was a bit "sticky". But let me warm the needles up before I toss them aside. Hexipuff #2 might go a little smoother if I lotion my hands a bit. Lol! It can't hurt right?

I plan to add Hexipuff Madness Mondays as an element to this blog, so that I can regularly keep track of what's going on. Until then, here is a picture of my proposed design, my hexipuff unstuffed on the needles, and my first ever completed hexipuff.

No comments: