Thursday, February 2, 2012

Weaving, weaving, weaving in.

I finally finished my Ella bodice. I was afraid I was falling behind, but I was able to catch up after 2 nights of watching reality TV. The bodice fits great. I am still getting used to it being slightly larger than when I usually make sweaters. Most of my sweaters don't have 2 inches of positive ease. But yet and still, I am loving it.

My only qualm about it is the amount of weaving in for all of the loose ends from the stripes. But the payoff is great with all the lovely colors.

Here are some progress pictures.

My nice weaving.....

....and the rest that needs weaving. Ugh!

Also, I would like to introduce you to my newest little cousin Caleb. He was born in Trinidad yesterday morning at around 9 AM. He is 8 pounds and the sweetest thing ever. I'm kinda bummed that I can't make anything woolen for him, because he lives in a tropical island. Does anyone have any ideas for something cute for him?


Lastly, plans for Ella L'Orange are underway. I recently got my package of yarn from The Loopy Ewe. I am waiting on 2 skeins of Tilli Tomas Flurries from Fabulousyarn.com. I am so excited to start this.

1 comment:

Deborah-- said...

First, new baby cousin is super cute! I would consider knitting a cotton baby blanket. He can always lay on top of it. Second, nice job of weaving in all those ends. I wouldn't want to do it so kudos to you for plowing on through it. Lastly, why am I not surprised you are already planning Ella #2? :-)