Sunday, November 20, 2011

Color Experiment

Today, I attempted to color my hair. I wanted to have an even color that was a slight hint of red. I used Colorstay in burgundy. I bought it in a discount store because it was 2.99 a box. How could I pass that up?

So, here is a picture of the before and the after.

I really don't see much of a difference. However, I had 2 strands of gray in the front that have now magically disappeared. I have been told I look like I am 23, and those pesky gray hairs are starting to muck that up. Another thing is, I am happy to use the products I bought from my hairdresser. They really do work at taming these curls and providing the protection I need while flat ironing my hair. Maybe I will go back to the discount store and buy hair color that is a shade lighter. I keep forgetting that with natural hair you have to do so much more to break the hair down so that it can take the color. Strong, resilient hair is a mixed blessing I guess.

No comments: