Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tight with money.

Yesterday, I bought a pair of shoes. I had my stockinged feet in a pair of knee high boots and didn't quite realize the atrocity as it was happening. So, when the cute salesguy brought my shoes and I removed my boots, I was totally embarrassed to see not 1, but 2 runs in my stocking. I mean from my toe to my shin. You would think I had mini scissors for toenails. (By the way, they are polished in a deep shade of purple with pink glitter). No pics of my pedicure today. I'm not trying to encourage any foot fetish fiends.

So, back to the story. I decided that I will never be utterly embarrassed like that again, and the best thing to do was buy a few pairs of tights that were a but thicker and stronger than the sheer stockings that were ripped to shreds. I made my way to my favorite cheapie-deepie woman's clothing store. De Janiero. They always have trendy things at very low prices. So, their tights, which are usually $10, we're really $2.99. Score! So, I bought a few. Ummmmmm. I mean 13. But, 2 are for my mom. You have to share the wealth right?

Here is the financial breakdown. The original price is as follows:
11@$10 , 1@ $12.50, and 1@$18 = $141.50

After all the discounts, I paid $53.87. That's a difference of $86.63. That is 61.6% less than the original price. I am more than prepared for this winter. Woooohooo!

No comments: