Thursday, November 3, 2011

Savvy Shopping Diva

One of my favorite places to shop for beauty products is Wallgreens. Why? Because they always have a great sale on my favorite products.

I recently bought Shea Moisture's Curling Souffle with Agave Nectar and Flax Seed Oil. Organic is the way to go when it comes to caring for my tresses. Another product I love is any mascara that L'Oreal makes. There is a new one on the market called Voluminous False Fiber Mascara. Since I already love their voluminous mascara, I figured why not try something new.

The retail price for the mascara is $10.99, and the Curling Souffle is $11.99. Now here is where the savvy shopper goes to work.
Walgreens has both on sale this week. The mascara is $8.99 and the curling souffle is buy one at 9.99, get the other for half price. So I bought 2 of each. Now, there is also a promotion that when you purchase $15 or more in L'Oreal products, you get a $5 Walgreens coupon good for anything in the store. So here is the financial rundown.
2 mascaras = $21.98
4 curling souffles = $47.96
Total = $69.94

Sale prices
2 mascaras = $17.98
4 curling souffles with $5 coupon = $24.96
Total = $42.94

That's a difference of $27.00. Which is about 38.6% of the original retail price. Hmmmm I guess I can afford a Gel Manicure now, huh?
I love being a savvy shopper!

No comments: