Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mothkiller Extraordinaire!!!

So, I was just about to close my eyes, and go to bed. I went to take off the light, and I see this thing fluttering around. Oh my God, it is a moth!!! I am in my bedroom, and the closet (where my yarn cubbie is) has the door wide open. What if it flies in there and starts to eat my precious Cascade Magnum, Socks that Rock, and Manos? I instantly get this burst of energy, and rush to get the broom, to wack the thing against a wall or something.

Sidenote - I am not afraid of bugs, but I must kill them before I go to sleep. I fear that they will fly into my nose or ears when I am sleeping. Did I just say that I am not scared of bugs? Yes, but I am afraid of what they can do when I am not watching.

OK. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....
So, I am trying to wack this thing with a broom, and there is dust flying everywhere, and I realize that the ceiling fan is where this thing is headed, because of the lights. If I wack the ceiling fan by accident, I will have some serious broken glass and trouble falling all over my bed. Not to mention the possibility of loose electric wires. So, I have to come up with a different tactic. How do I get this thing to stop flying, so that I can kill it???

The answer... Super holding spritz for long-lasting curls. I used non-aerosol hairspray. I kept spraying that sucker until his wings got stuck, and he fell right onto my bed. Ewwwww.... now I have to wash the sheets ... AGAIN!!!! (Dust plus moth). I proceeded to pick it up with a tissue, and trash the disgusting yarn-critter. I feel so accomplished now. Changing top sheet that the moth fell on... Laundry day tomorrow. Sleepytime.

12 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Oh my gosh! You best knit up all that stash before the mothies eat it all up! LOL

Virtuous said...

That was hilarious!
I would have never thought of hairspray! :o)

Have a great week Shameka!

Anonymous said...

I use hairspray for all of my bug killing needs. Tresemme super duper extra not-moving-no-way hold works really well (as well as Pantene ice shine).

Harlem Purl said...

Thanks for sharing, Meka the moth slayer!

Kim said...

Holy crap! Glad you killed the moth. I've killed flies with hair spray. It's less toxic and smells better than Raid.
I read about cockroaches laying eggs in people's noses while they slept. Ick!

Anonymous said...

I've done that before! I used to live in an apartment that had horribly sealed windows. During the summer, if I made the mistake of leaving a light on, the ceiling would be crawling with bugs! I went through so many cans of RAID that I often had to resort to using hairspray and air freshener to kill them.

Anonymous said...

They say necessity is the mother of invention. good for you

chicagopurl said...

ROLF! I am rolling around right now laughing! Shameka, you give the best commentary! I'm glad you saved the stash! SAVE-THE-STASH! SAVE-THE-STASH!

Anonymous said...

I tagged you on my site. Please stop by for the details. if you have already played, don't bother.

Liz said...

Wow, I have a moth problem at the moment....and a big can of hairspray......!!

Anonymous said...

Get some moth balls and put them in your closet. More than likely, your yarn is in bags in your closet cubbie, so it won't have the moth ball smell.

Maribel said...

We would all do the same thing if we had to. Protect the yarn at all costs.