Sunday, January 20, 2008

A New Agenda

I know that I have been missing for a while. I am preparing to travel, and the whole experience has consumed every thought, as well as my knitting mojo. But please, don't fret. I will be happily knitting a Stash-busting project on the plane. Hopefully, between meeting relatives, and partying, I will hopefully have at least two FO's under my belt. Well, at least I will try.

I also joined Hat Attack. I love making hats, and I make them very quickly, so I have decided too enlist in the hat version of "Sock Wars". Please see the button on the side, if you feel inclined to join. The deadline for registration is February 6th. I am extremely excited about it.

In the meantime, here is a picture of my Mobius Cowl from Cat Bordhi's episode on Knitty Gritty. It is almost finished. I just have to make the last few rows in a different lace pattern. This will match my Beret. I promise, the Cowl will look much better when it is actually around my neck. But, since I am not trying to choke myself, I will have to wait until it is off of the needles.


8 comments:

Virtuous said...

Ooh have fun with the hat wars!

LOL @ not choke yourself.

Can't wait to see you model the whole set.

Have a gret trip gurl!

Jeanine said...

You KNOW I like that color combo!

Mary Beth said...

Yummy color for the cowl.Can't wait for the modeling pictures. Have fun traveling!

Anonymous said...

Cool cowl. Hope you have a good trip!

Kim said...

Yay! You joined up for hat attack! Wouldn't it be funny if you were my target or assassin. I could off you in person at lunch. We'll see who can knit a hat the fastest. Have a blast in Trinidad!

Deborah-- said...

Look forward to seeing this finished in person! Awesome job. Have a safe and fun trip in Trinidad!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented...and make me miss being home in NYC :)

I don't know if I missed it, but what yarn are you using for your mobius?

Shameka said...

Thank you to everyone for all of the vacation well wishes. I am sitting here in a sea of clothing, trying to cram it all into one suitcase. But, I look forward to relaxing on the plane with my Merino Wool. Too bad I can't yarn crawl in the Caribbean. To answer the question posed by Webigail, I used Misti Alpaca Worsted for the Mobius Cowl. I think the colorway is Strawberry Mocha, if I remember correctly. Doesn't it look and sound delicious?