Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lemongrass Progress!

I have 2 weeks to finish this sweater. Eeeeek!

I'm working on completing this in time for Vogue Knitting live. I really wanted to be further along by this time, but I got sick during Christmas week, and that zapped all of my energy.

I am using Malabrigo Rios in the Purpuras color way that I bought in Knitty City. The pattern calls for chunky weight yarn, so to compensate for the difference in the gauge, I am knitting the XXXL size to fit my Medium body. This means more stitches than usual. I'm ok with that.

I had to start the sweater 3 times to get it right. The raglan increases are interesting in that they include a tiny cable cross. It's a technique I have never done before. The second time I cast on, I missed an increase and tinking back was pointless. So, I ripped it out again. The 3rd time is a charm.

I am at the stage now where I am knitting the front flap. I have 5 more inches to go before I do the edging decreases. I am hoping to complete that portion by tomorrow. The back flap is pure stockinette, so it should fly by.

Here is a pic of my progress.

No comments: