Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge - Day 23: Inspired by a Movie

The movie I picked for this challenge is The Grey starring Liam Neeson.

The reason I picked this, is because I have Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in Black Platinum. It looks like a gunmetal grey. So, I applied 2 coats and allowed it to dry. I then use Essie Blanc at the tips, with a makeup sponge to give it that gradient effect. To me, it looked like snow in the distance.

However, the movie poster shows snow up close and in this man's face. So, I used the dotting tool to add random dots, to mimic snow falling. Then, I added Seche Vite top coat. The whole manicure took about 30 minutes. The best part was, I was able to do it before I left for work in the morning, and I got absolutely no smudges. Even when I reached into my pocket for my MetroCard. Seche Vite is my new best friend.

So, I can look at this manicure 2 ways. When my nail tips are up, it looks like snow falling from a cloudy sky into the darkness. When my tips are down, it looks like snow falling onto the light snow covered ground.

No comments: