Wednesday, October 17, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge - Day 17: Glitter

I saw Maybelline's Color Show in Pink Cosmo, and there was something that attracted me to the color. Then I saw Nicole by OPI's Live Your Life and I figured the iridescent sparkles and link hearts would go great with it.

I applied 3 coats, but I still didn't get the color that was in the bottle. I believe that if my skin tone wasn't so close to the color, it would look a little different. Nonetheless, I still think it looks nice. It went on smoothly without any bubbles or streaks, which can be common with metallic nail polishes.

I applied 2 coats of the Nicole color. This was a bit difficult because the pink hearts kept sinking to the bottom. I felt like I had to scoop them out with the brush.

I decided to add Essie Luxeffects in A Cut Above because it was a slightly darker glittery pink that would add a little more contrast. I like the overall effect. It reminds me of a Las Vegas Showgirl if she was a ballerina.

No comments: