Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge -Day 11: Polka Dots

I created this look using Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Back to the Fuchsia, and a random OPI polish that I bought eons ago. The label fell off, so I'm sorry that I can't tell you the name of the color. Its an opaque pink with a little pearlescent shimmer.

I started by applying 2 coats of the OPI and letting it dry thoroughly. I then taped half of my nail diagonally. I applied the Fuchsia color to the exposed half and slowly peeled the tape back while the polish was still wet. This gave me a nice clean line.

Once the Fuschia was dry, I took a bobby pin and dipped the end into a small amount of the OPI color. I started adding dots to the Fuchsia side right on the edge of the line separating the two colors. I continued to add rows of light pink dots to fill in the Fuschia section. After that, I made dots on the light pink side using the Fuschia polish. The initial row was placed in between the light pink dots. This creates the illusion of interlocking. I filled in the remainder of the light pink side. Then, I let it dry a bit and covered it with Essie's Good to Go top coat.

I really like this look, but if I stare at it too long, it hurts my eyes.

No comments: