The cool breeze is upon us, Iphone 5 fever is going on, and everyone is gearing up for The New York State Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck. As the season has changed, I have decided to re-evaluate some things. Here they are in no particular order.
1. My Iphone 4S died today. When I say died, I mean it won't even charge. Luckily, I bought it last October in the 4S madness, so I am still within my 1 year warranty. I am covered for a replacement battery, so I just have to go to either Verizon or the Apple Store to get that sorted out. If the Iphone mayhem is too much at one specific store, I will just aim for the other. The bad news is, I am not sure how much of my backed up stuff is backed.up. I can't remember if it was last week or last month. I am also scared to lose pictures. I'm not sure how much of those got backed up either. Re-evaluation #1: KEEP TRACK OF THE CLOUD!!!
2. It is getting chilly outside. This means only 1 thing. I need to finish my sweater UFO's. I never finished my Olympic/ravelympic feat of sweater knitting. I managed to complete the right side, so I still have to finish the other side and do the sleeves. I managed to Instagram a picture before my phone got zapped by the ElectroMagneticPulse that destroyed its heart. Please click the link below.
I also have a bunch of other sweaters that need attention. Once my phone starts working again, I will be sure to take pictures and give a full Synopsis. Re-evaluation #2: FINISH UFO's AND WEAR THEM!
3. The one exception to the UFO rule is NaKniSweMo. I need to pick a sweater. I happily was able to complete it last year. But, my one rule this year is to ONLY use stash yarn. No exceptions. Re-evaluation #3: I DON'T NEED ANY MORE YARN!
4. So, since I don't need any yarn, I got to thinking about what is my 1 biggest yarn temptation. I have decided that it is Rhinebeck. I get to the Fairgrounds, I get so excited, I meet so many cool people, and see so many pretty designs, and all sense goes out of my head. So, I have decided not to go to Rhinebeck. I know, it is very harsh. I don't sound like myself. Right now, you are thinking that someone kidnapped me and my evil twin is typing. I promise you, it is me typing. I will miss the fiber comraderie, but I need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Will someone bring me back some maple-sugar cotton candy???? Re-evaluation #4: STAY AWAY FROM AN INFLUX OF YARN FUMES!!!
5. Being Rhinebeck deprived has left me empty, and I think I need to fill that void with a well-deserved vacation. I plan on visiting my family in the Islands, and having a fun time with friends while everyone will be freezing in Brooklyn. I think that is the best time for my vacation, and I can't wait to see the awesome tan I will get. Re-evaluation #5: YOU NEED A VACATION WITH A HOT BEACH AND A COLD DRINK!
6. Lastly, I realize that I need to face my addictions in life. I am addicted to doing things with self-imposed deadlines. 365 Self portraits on Flickr, Ravelympics, NaKniSweMo, 12 sweaters in 2012. I know that each one of these has had more succcess than others based on what is going on in my life. Overall, I have a lot of fun doing them, and even if I don't finish them all, it is a great way to actually make progress. So, I have decided to start another one. I have seen a few blogs about a 31-Day Nail Art Challenge. I have a slew of Nail Polish, so I figured sure, why not??? I promise I will not turn this blog into a Nail Polish only blog. It is just another one of my creative interests, and if I inspire anyone to do a cool manicure, I will be very happy. So, stay tuned. I plan on starting it in October. More details to follow. Re-evaluation #6: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING HIGH-MAINTENANCE FOR 1 MONTH, AS LONG AS YOU ARE DEVELOPING SKILLS.
Have a splendid fall everyone! I can hear those needles clicking. See ya soon!