Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall is here!

The cool breeze is upon us, Iphone 5 fever is going on, and everyone is gearing up for The New York State Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck.  As the season has changed, I have decided to re-evaluate some things.  Here they are in no particular order.

1.  My Iphone 4S died today.  When I say died, I mean it won't even charge.  Luckily, I bought it last October in the 4S madness, so I am still within my 1 year warranty.  I am covered for a replacement battery, so I just have to go to either Verizon or the Apple Store to get that sorted out.  If the Iphone mayhem is too much at one specific store, I will just aim for the other.  The bad news is, I am not sure how much of my backed up stuff is backed.up.  I can't remember if it was last week or last month. I am also scared to lose pictures.  I'm not sure how much of those got backed up either.  Re-evaluation #1: KEEP TRACK OF THE CLOUD!!!

2. It is getting chilly outside.  This means only 1 thing.  I need to finish my sweater UFO's.  I never finished my Olympic/ravelympic feat of sweater knitting.  I managed to complete the right side, so I still have to finish the other side and do the sleeves.  I managed to Instagram a picture before my phone got zapped by the ElectroMagneticPulse that destroyed its heart.  Please click the link below. 
http://instagram.com/p/PyG4qVE0R3/
I also have a bunch of other sweaters that need attention.  Once my phone starts working again, I will be sure to take pictures and give a full Synopsis. Re-evaluation #2: FINISH UFO's AND WEAR THEM!

3. The one exception to the UFO rule is NaKniSweMo.  I need to pick a sweater.  I happily was able to complete it last year.  But, my one rule this year is to ONLY use stash yarn.  No exceptions.  Re-evaluation #3: I DON'T NEED ANY MORE YARN!

4. So, since I don't need any yarn, I got to thinking about what is my 1 biggest yarn temptation.  I have decided that it is Rhinebeck.  I get to the Fairgrounds, I get so excited, I meet so many cool people, and see so many pretty designs, and all sense goes out of my head.  So, I have decided not to go to Rhinebeck.  I know, it is very harsh.  I don't sound like myself.  Right now, you are thinking that someone kidnapped me and my evil twin is typing.  I promise you, it is me typing.  I will miss the fiber comraderie, but I need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.  Will someone bring me back some maple-sugar cotton candy????  Re-evaluation #4:  STAY AWAY FROM AN INFLUX OF YARN FUMES!!!

5.  Being Rhinebeck deprived has left me empty, and I think I need to fill that void with a well-deserved vacation.  I plan on visiting my family in the Islands, and having a fun time with friends while everyone will be freezing in Brooklyn.  I think that is the best time for my vacation, and I can't wait to see the awesome tan I will get.  Re-evaluation #5: YOU NEED A VACATION WITH A HOT BEACH AND A COLD DRINK!

6.  Lastly, I realize that I need to face my addictions in life.  I am addicted to doing things with self-imposed deadlines.  365 Self portraits on Flickr, Ravelympics, NaKniSweMo, 12 sweaters in 2012.  I know that each one of these has had more succcess than others based on what is going on in my life.  Overall, I have a lot of fun doing them, and even if I don't finish them all, it is a great way to actually make progress.  So, I have decided to start another one.  I have seen a few blogs about a 31-Day Nail Art Challenge.  I have a slew of Nail Polish, so I figured sure, why not???  I promise I will not turn this blog into a Nail Polish only blog.  It is just another one of my creative interests, and if I inspire anyone to do a cool manicure, I will be very happy.  So, stay tuned.  I plan on starting it in October.  More details to follow.  Re-evaluation #6: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING HIGH-MAINTENANCE FOR 1 MONTH, AS LONG AS YOU ARE DEVELOPING SKILLS. 

Have a splendid fall everyone!  I can hear those needles clicking.  See ya soon!

No comments: