Saturday, December 3, 2011

Nakniswemo Thoughts

So, I have finally had time to recover from the manic knitting fit this past week. For 3 nights I got very little sleep. I was able to do 2 sleeves simultaneously in 2 days. That's the fastest I ever knit sleeves.

On the last day, I was playing a mind game and my body started to act weird. I was on the bus, coming home from work and had less than 20 rows to go on the sleeves. All of a sudden I started to feel hot and nauseous at the same time. I started to sweat, but kept thinking "you're almost there. Don't give up now". So, I put the knitting down, and took a nap for about 20 minutes. I am sure I could have knit at least 2 rows in those 20 minutes, but I needed to separate myself from the task. The adrenaline in my body was throwing off my chemistry.

I got home with 16 rows to go. I tuned everything out and just knit with lightning speed. I finished my sweater at 11:47 pm. Just in time. But now, my right shoulder hurts from my body tensing up under pressure. I didn't wanna see another ball of yarn for at least a week.
The next morning it was 37 degrees out, and I thought maybe it's time for a hat and gloves. Today, I forgot I had knitting group. I ran into a random store in the fashion district and picked up needles and a wool silk blend of yarn. Here is the beginning of my Cozy Thermal Mitts. I am going to make Thermis to go along with it.

No comments: