Friday, November 25, 2011

Magnetic Nail Polish

After all that thanksgiving cooking, my nails were a hot mess. I felt that a manicure was long overdue. I contemplated going to a salon, but didn't want to deal with a possible long wait and the smell of acrylic encompassing the nail salon. So, I went to Sephora instead.
I found this magnetic nail polish from Nails Inc. in the color of Trafalgar Square. The directions say to apply 2 coats, and after the second coat, hover the magnet over your nail for the design effect to happen. Here are pictures of 1 coat, and the second coat after the effect happened.

I love it. No two nails look the same, and the overall effect is really cool. I applied a top coat from OPI to seal it. The cost is $16 for the polish. About the same price of a Salon manicure. But at least I can do it again next week without having to go to a salon. For a woman with very little free time, this is a great way to get a salon quality trendy look at home. And for those hands, don't forget the moisturizer.

No comments: