Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rhinebeck - The Third Time!

I just got home from my yearly trek to Rhinebeck a few days ago.  The whole extravaganza was awesome.
Here is my yarn mountain!



My purchases consist of the following yarns:
5 skeins of Creatively Dyed Woodbrook "Patrice"
5 skeins of Creatively Dyed Woodbrook "Laity"
5 skeins of Malabrigo Worsted "Amoroso"
5 skeins of Malabrigo Silky Merino "Amoroso"
1 skein of Socks that Rock Mediumweight "Muckity Muck"
1 skein of Socks that Rock Mediumweight "Backstabber"

I have been speaking with Dianne of Creatively Dyed via Ravelry messages for about a year, and it was such a pleasure to finally meet her in person.  She is a hard-working woman, and always with a smile on her face.  I admire her drive, and how far her one-woman-show yarn company has come. I bought her Patrice colorway with Rosamund's Cardigan in mind, then saw Laity and thought "I don't know what I am gonna make with it yet, but this color is too nice to put back on the rack".  I am going to make something that is not too busy with intricate stitches so the beauty of the hand-dyed colors can show through. How do you think Francis Revisited will look variegated?

I totally fell in love with the Amoroso colorway of Malabrigo. The color has been difficult for me to find at my LYS as well as the online store that I usually shop at, so when I saw it at the Uncommon Threads booth I grabbed ALL OF THEM.  I am going to use the Silky Merino to make the February Fitted Pullover and the Worsted to make Vaila.  I saw many February Lady Sweaters this year as well as last year.  However, I feel that a fitted sweater would be more flattering on me. Lo and behold, I saw that it was one of the recently published patters the night before I went to Rhinebeck.  Yippee!!!  I have a feeling that will be my November project.

My sock yarn will be used to make a pair of gloves to match my Crofter's Cowl and Cabled Beret. Here is a finished picture of the Cowl. I didn't have time to block it, but who cares?  It's warm and soft, and I love it.



There was much fun to be had. I spent the weekend with Yvonne, Mary Beth, Deborah, Misa, and Kim.  We were laughing the whole way through. 

My fashion choice for the day was my Fashionista Hat designed by Me and my Bobbled Tunic designed by Twinkle. It was very cold, so I also decided to wear my Crofter's Cowl on my neck. Yvonne wore Mr. Greenjeans, MaryBeth and Deb both wore Ursa, Misa wore Vivian, and Kim has a gorgeous Owl Sweater hiding underneath that coat.

I also managed to run into a bunch of my friends from various knitting groups throughout New York.


Me hangin with Tina from Sit N Knit.  I saw her at the Socks That Rock Booth.  She had an affinity for Muckity Muck as well.


Me and my birthday twin Jeanine.  No, I am not gonna tell you how many years apart we are. 


Me and Tawana.  My first CPH buddy!


Hangin' with Cleo at the Ravelry Meetup.


The Whatchamacallits! Jeanine, Norma, Marta, Ayana, RosiG, Tawana, and Ann-Margaret.



Me and Ysolda "Bob" Teague.



Misa finished her Monkey Sock at the Ravelry Party.  Yay!!

Adding to the list of FO's.... Here is my Springtime Bandit.  Funny how it matches my hair.


So, what's on the needles now? 

Stay tuned.........

11 comments:

Jada said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I am finally trying to learn and knit.I am making a scarf so far so good. :)

Iris said...

Thank you for all the links, and telling me about the February Ladies Pullover. It was lovely talking to you again at the Ravelry party.

Iris aka Beetsie

Jeanine said...

OMG!!! I didn't realize you had that much yarn. Can I have some???? LOL. I had to let you know, one of my friends, absolutely LOVES your Twinkle Knits sweater.

craftivore said...

I loooved hanging with you and the Knitting Posse. Meet you back at Rhinebeck 2010, woot! You have a great stash, particularly all the Malabrigo. I'm not sure about Francis in a strongly variegated, too many horizontal stripes? You have a great pile of projects waiting for you this year.

sophanne said...

Looks Like A Blast!

Deborah said...

Very nice wrap up my dear! Looks like you have lots of knitting in your future planned with all the yummy yarn. I agree with Misa on the variegated Francis. I think it would be too much. Just look how my Wicked turned out. Ugh. Now I am looking to over dye it. Keep those needles clackity clacking.

Kim said...

What a great time! I always have fun hanging with you! Rhinebeck goes by way too fast. Hell yeah on the Creatively Dyed yarn!

Anonymous said...

What a great Rhinebeck haul!

Virtuous said...

Gurl you were lookin' ooh so couture while staying warm at Rhineback!! Luv your Twinkle sweater :) And looked like you had SO MUCH FUN!!!

I am always jelly when you take a pic with the Whatchamacallits!!!

Giggle @ your Springtime Bandit matchng your hair!

Can't wait to see your Feb. Pullover soon

Mary Beth said...

Knitting Posse will hit Rhinebeck in 2010 for sure! (I hope to get a closer hotel since I'll book earlier!) Great time. Love your photos & your haul. Not bad for a girl feeling a little under at the time :) If you want to use a variegated yarn, I'd knit alt rows with another ball to prevent pooling & striping.

Rima said...

Holy Cow. I am jealous. Glad you had a great time! Great yarn, and what a great time with friends. PS: Baby is here! Pictures on my blog.