Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pink and Bobbly

I think that I vaguely remember saying that I wanted to finish the sweaters that are currently on the needles for my New Year's Resolution last year. This will clear my "palate", so to speak, so that I can "taste" new patterns. Having said that, I am hoping to make some room so that I can make Sylvi from the winter edition of Twist Collective.

So, in my attempt to get things off of the needles, I have given myself a deadline on Friday, December 12th for the Twinkle Bobbled Tunic. I am planning on wearing it to the Sit N Knit Holiday party on the 13th. Saturday is supposed to be 34 degrees outside, so that totally cooperated with me wanting to wear a chunky 100% Wool sweater.

So, here is my progress so far.
Here are the complete sleeves, and the hip portion of the tunic.

I continued working on the tunic portion, and have made my way past the pocket. I have about 20 more rows to go before I can add the sleeves. After that, I decrease for the neck, make the collar, pick up and knit a ribbed edging for the pockets, seam the sleeves and then I am done. I like having to only sew 2 seams. Yay!!

Wish me luck on completing this! I still have to knit the gift exchange gift that I approximate will take about 2.5 hours. More updates on that later. Back to knitting!!!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Keep on knitting! You can do it! For me, even seaming 2 sleeves are 2 seams too many. That's how much I dislike seaming. Love the bobbles! I'm a huge fan of bobbles.

Tawana said...

okay why didn't I realize the party was this weekend.... Btw the sweater is looking nice.

Anonymous said...

If you really want it done I know you can do it!

Deborah-- said...

I know if you put your mind and committment to it you can get several of those babies off the needles. I can think of one in particular that is so close to being an FO. :-)

Harlem Purl said...

Good Luck!

sophanne said...

you can do it- it looks so beautiful

Alicia said...

Beautiful work as usual! Also The honor of your presence is requested on my blog!!! Please take a look.

Anonymous said...

Where are you? What are you working on? We want to see some FOs.

Hope you are well.