Thursday, August 23, 2007

Blocking done!

I finally blocked my Central Park Hoodie. What took me so long? I guess I hesitated because it was the first time blocking a sweater. I actually steam-blocked it, and am happy with the result. Hopefully it will knit up perfectly, and I won't have to re-block it. We will see.

Here are the before pictures

And here are the after shots!


The sleeves.

The back

The front left and right pieces Now it's time to seam the shoulders, and carry on with the hood!!! And, I got these supercute buttons from M&J Trimming on 6th Avenue. Unfortunately, they were not on sale :-(

Today I had a stash increase. I bought these skeins of yarn from Jimmy Beans Wool on sale for $3.50 each. Shipping took only 2 days, and the customer service team was very helpful and friendly. I would definately order from them again.

I am going to make a vest out of the pink variegated yarn (YoYo), with the solid color (Lolly) being used for the border. The leftover pink variegated yarn will be used to make a hat for my God-daughter Symara, and the purple yarn (Hula Hoop) will make a hat for her sister Carissa. These girls are a year apart, and always want to have the same thing. Whew!! Good thing they like different colors.

5 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Yay!!! It's blocked! It's blocked! I knew you were putting it off because of never having done it before. I'm so happy you just did it. Now you can finish the little bugger and enjoy wearing it. I'm ordering the yarn for my CPH this weekend. I can't wait to start it.

Mary Beth said...

You are marching along now! I tell ya, alls you need is a little motivating factor to push ya into doing the things you're afraid of (which you need not fear in the 1st. place!) Seaming will go quickly now. The CPH is an awesome color & I like the buttons you chose. I need to check out MJ for some buttons on a project I've finished.

Jeanine said...

It's going to be fabulous! Nice color you've selected. M&J can be dangerous. TOO much to choose from (:-)

Shameka said...

You can get into trouble in so many ways at M&J. I bought 6 buttons for the CPH, and 1 button for another sweater that I plan on making, and I spent $35.00 :-0

Well, at least I got the yarn on sale. You know I can always find that somewhere. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Beans is fab. Fast and friendly service. I greatly admire your blocking skills and those buttons are perfecto. It will look so awesome when it's all seamed together.