Friday, February 9, 2007

Ariel's Cable Hat




This hat was made especially for my cousin's 1-year old daughter Ariel.

I made it using Lion Brand's WoolEase, and size 8 needles. The hat has a circumference of 18 inches, so I casted on 72 stitches, and worked from there. I used a 6-stitch cable that crosses to the left (needle held in front) with 3 purl stitches between each cable section.




This was my first attempt to make a cabled hat, and I am very happy with the end result. Ariel, I hope you love it. Mommy, don't worry... Wool ease is Machine Washable, so she can play in it as much as she wants. We all know how messy kids can be.


(Picture of Ariel wearing the hat coming soon)

1 comment:

rachel iufer said...

what a cute hat! the cables look perfect.

i had such a great time at FIT! it was so amazing to be in a room full of enthusiastic knitters. it looks like your CPH is coming along nicely and i can't wait to see the finished product!